New Mommies Benefits of Breastmilk as a Toner
Its been a while since I was inspired to write another blog post. I like to focus on topics that are very meaningful as well as those that are within my industry of expertise. Since having our baby boy, Ezra I learned about so many new amazing things for myself as a new mom and many natural and amazing products for my baby. I want to share my knowledge with not only my clients but with any new mommies struggling to take care of themselves during this sometimes difficult and crucial time.
As Most of you know, Secret Service Beauty is mostly focused on Waxing, specializing in brows and brazilian waxing as well as microblading. We also love testing out new cosmetic and skincare products. This is why we decided to share with you, our current experience with breastmilk as a toner during the early stages of being a new mommie!
"We forget that as women we still want to keep up with our looks without breaking the bank!"
As a new mom, there are so many different things to focus on, you sometimes forget to keep up with looking and feeling your best. From the sleepless nights to handling the poopy diapers. You want to making sure you and your baby are happy. We forget that we as women still want to keep up with our looks without breaking the bank!
As I have continued to breastfeed my son, for a little over two months now, I noticed some dryness on his forehead after birth and did not want to use any creams or oils store bought because they have so many additives and sometimes chemicals. This is when it came to me!!! All the benefits, of breastmilk internal for the baby... could those same benefits be external as well??
Breast Milk Benefits internal for baby include: Breast milk contain antibodies that help your baby fight off viruses and bacteria. Breastfeeding lowers your baby's risk of having asthma or allergies. Plus, babies who are breastfed for the first 6 months, without any formula, have fewer ear infections, respiratory illnesses, and bouts of diarrhea.
Now on to some of the benefits for you mommas!
Breastfeeding lowers mom’s risk of breast and ovarian cancer, heart disease, and diabetes. It also burns up to 600 extra calories a day! Thats right, 600 calories a day momma! So you get all these health benefits for you and your baby, you loose weight more quickly, annnnddd here it comes... so why not test it out on your face!
Once I learned all these benefits, I decided to test out the extra milk I had pumped and to use it as a moistrizing toner! I incorporated it into my bedtime skincare routine. Below you can follow my guide!
- Wash with Gentle Cream or Gel Cleanser (Rebecca's Choice : Image Vital C cleanser or Image Ormedic Gel Cleanser $30
- Use Regular Toner on a cotton pad to exfoliate any excess make-up or debris. (You will see the change in color on the cotton pad, if the cleanser didn't remove everything) Rebecca's Choice: Biologique Recherche P50 Lotion Toner 8.5 oz $101
- Use Clean cotton Round and pour quarter size of Breast Milk onto pad. Pad will become dampened, starting from the chin, Glide cotton pad in upward strokes until you have reached forehead. Make sure not to forget those under eye areas that may feel puffy and dehydrated! Skin will feel instantly tight, may feel a little sticky, and extremely hydrated! FREE: your own milk or onlythebreast.com $1-$2 ounce or Biologique Recherche Serum Collostrum Pur $145
- Create Insulated Barrier, Use 2-3 pumps serum depending on consistency. The more oily the less pumps you will need. Spread evenly all over face. Rebecca's Choice: Image Vital C Serum $68
- Seal everything in with a hydrating moisturizer! Use dime to quarter size amount of your favorite cream to help penetrate breastmilk and serum which store all the benfits your skin will need to stay beautiful and plump! Rebecca's Choice: Day: Verabella Cucumber SPF 45 $58 & Night: Image The Max Stem Cell Cream $99
After following these steps, make sure to keep up with this routine for at least 30 days before you see full results. A 30 day program with any skincare program, workout program, or diet will always show you the most results. Consistency is always key with everything we reccomend!
Please feel free to email us, leave us a comment below or on our instagram! We are more then happy to answer any questions you may have!